2013/03/29

A Pressing Issue

One of the issues facing the Western church is that we have institutionalized Christianity as a religion rather than lifting up the person of Jesus Christ. Those within the church need to revisit the person of Jesus, whose sharpest reprimands were for those self-righteous persons. Jesus never turned his back on a person expressing a need.

Paul challenged us with this comment, "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21). Christians are challenged to judge those within the church rather than those outside of the church (see First Corinthians chapter five). Those of us within the church must remember it is our responsibility to be witnesses of what God has done for us and allow the Holy Spirit to do the convicting (See John 16:7-14).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's
a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come
here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create
your theme? Great work!

Check out my web site; Sidney Crosby Authentic Jersey

Anonymous said...

I do consider all of the ideas you've presented for your post. They're really convincing and can definitely work.
Nonetheless, the posts are very short for newbies. Could you please
lengthen them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.


my webpage :: Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard in the compound quercetin located in apples?
There are a couple of studies that shows it can
really support with endurance.

my web-site six pack shortcuts review scam

Anonymous said...

sick be conference him there and that is my very first interent
day

Here is my site ... female attraction

Anonymous said...

google honey and apple cider vinegar, mix together and drink.
it works

my blog post :: dental pro 7 toothpaste

Anonymous said...

The two images from Smallville are very, uh... intriguing choices.
One of them is heroic enough when he saves Whitney,
however the other one particular is him... standing around.

.. with Lex. They are searching at PAPER. And none of the photos show him rocking the signature Red-Jacket-With-Blue-Shirt appear
he was so famous for throughout the initial eight seasons in the present (aka, the precursor to
his super-jammies). I would say maybe fifty of these super-images count as
this kind of, while the other folks are a little little bit missing.


My webpage ... keni styles superman stamina video download

Anonymous said...

Men who sleep around are observed as "players"
and this is seen positively quantity men. Girls who
sleep about are seen as "sluts". It seems type of unfair, and sounds
like a double standard.

Here is my web-site; how attract girls

Anonymous said...

I checkout this site and also like this life style. nice post!


Review my webpage; precision nutrition Recommended Books

Anonymous said...

Your means of describing everything in this piece of writing is
truly pleasant, every one be capable of easily understand it, Thanks a lot.


Look into my blog post: national office furniture ri